Saturday, November 12, 2005

Songwriters Night Friday Night/Photos


Tom Pacheco and Tim Grimm showed what songwriting is all about Friday night at the Narrows. Above, Tim, who opened the show, pauses to pose with Narrows volunteer extraordinaire Marilyn Edge.
As your humble blogger writes this he is listening to Tim's new CD The Back Fields. Frankly, I was knocked over by his performance (I'd never heard of him) as were a lot of patrons, who eagerly lined up to purchase his CDs. I plan to write a review of The Back Fields for my Hugs and Misses column for americanaroots.com. Look for it a week from this coming Tuesday.

Tim, by the way, has had an extensive career in movies and TV. Click here to see his credits.

The headliner, Tom Pacheco, formerly of New Bedford, now of Woodstock, N.Y., brought his legendary bag of songs for--I believe--his 3rd appearance at the Narrows. Tom still has friends and family in the area, and many showed for the show.

No comments: