Friday, January 13, 2006

C'Mon A Dan's House

I was listening to my copy of Dan Hicks' latest CD the other day when I realized that Dan and the Hot Licks are coming in the spring this year.

Normally Dan plays in the dead of winter at the Narrows, but in 2006 he's coming on May 4.

Anyway, his latest is called "Selected Shorts" and features a humdinger of a version of Rosemary Clooney's "C'mon a My House." It's guaranteed to make you chortle and guffaw as Dan puts down some sassy and saucy folk jazz chords designed to make us finger pop and break out a scattin'!

By the way, Dan is a greatly underappreciated guitar player. Above, he shows that he not only can play his axe with his hands, but also with that smooth talkin', jive slingin' tongue of his!

Get your tickets ASAP, because this show will probably sell out before you can whistle "How Can I Miss You When You Won't Go Away" ten thousand times.

No comments: