Friday, April 11, 2008

The Mind of Leo Kottke


Britney Spears and I have a lot of similarities, said Leo Kottke, Friday night at the Narrows.  "But the differences are profound."

And so it went during the sold-out show, winding between intricate fret work and off-beat stories involving woodpeckers, Stevie Winwood and jazz great Dizzy Gillespie loading a car with a drum set at dawn in Milan, Italy.

The photo above was taken about a half hour before the concert, in the Narrows "green room."

Can I take your picture?  I asked.  "As long as I don't have to move," said the thoroughly relaxed Leo, who was reading the writings of Samuel Beckett.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The show was fabulous, Leo was quite the story teller, and of course his guitar playing was phenominal. I am amazed at how one man, and one instrument can fill a room with music.