Tuesday, October 13, 2009

How Can We Wish You'd Go Away If You're Never Here?

It's been too many years since Dan Hicks and the Hot Licks have played the Narrows. Your humble blogger is a big fan, not only of "How Can I Miss You When You Won't Go Away" and "I Scare Myself," but newer classics such as "First I Lost My Marbles, Then I Lost You," "Barstool Boogie," and "C'mon to My House."

As you might expect, your blogger is somewhat jaded when meeting famous musicians: Roger McGuinn, done that; Richie Havens, many times; Chris Hillman, interesting guy; Richie Furay, salt of the earth, etc. All very much an honor for yours truly, but, heck, they're just regular folks when you come right down to it.

A this point there are a few that leave me nearly speechless, and Dan Hicks is one of them (Jonathan Richman is another; and Ray Davies would be another, if he ever plays the Narrows).

Details on Dan's return here.

No comments: