Friday, May 21, 2010

Jimmy Buffett Digs Jesse Winchester

Jimmy Buffett's latest Buffett Hotel has a song from Jesse Winchester, coming to the Narrows June 11.  It's called "Rhumba Man," and Buffett has some commentary about it on his website.

"In my little corner of the universe, I am blessed with many wonderful comets which pass through my orbit. When it comes to songs and songwriters, it seems the region from which my melodic meteors arrive is just across the border in Canada, where when album creation time comes due, the words and melodies of Jesse Winchester and Bruce Cockburn come flashing my way.

Rhumba Man, like several other 'song comets' from Jesse Winchester orbited around me for a long time, since I first heard it on his 'Nothing But A Breeze' album. If a song can make you dance and have you singing the chorus half way through the first time you hear it, then you have a pretty damn good song and that is what Rhumba Man does for me and I hope will do for you.'

No comments: