Sunday, November 28, 2010

Shake Some Action

Keeping Time--Jenny Dee and the Deelinquents--Remember the line "you had me at hello"? Boston's Jen D'Angora and her group had me at their version of the Flamin' Groovies tune "Shake Some Action," which, as posted on the Jenny & company site, has won the endorsement of co-writer Cyril Jordan. (You may be familiar with the Flamin' Groovies' version from the movie "Clueless." ) Keeping Time, though, is mostly filled with her original songs performed "retro," recalling 60s "girl" groups like The Shangri-Las. "I've been a fan of that music since I was really young and my interest was rejuvenated as I started getting into Blondie and the New York Dolls--their interpretations of songs by The Shangri-Las and other groups fascinated me," she writes on her website. Jenny Dee and the Deelinquents come to the Narrows January 21, opening for the Spampinato Brothers. Get warmed up by this video of the group performing "Shake Some Action" last year in the UK. And, I couldn't resist, a video of The Flamin' Groovies too.

No comments: