Saturday, April 09, 2005

People Are Talking About Dan Hicks

The great Dan Hicks and his Hot Licks will be making their triumphant 3rd big appearance at the Narrows on Thursday, June 16. And people are talking about Dan, like

Jimmy Buffet: There is no doubt in my mind that watching Dan Hicks 30 years ago from the wings of the stage at the Quiet Knight in Chicago, I was watching a masterful showman with a unique style. It wasn't lost on me then or now. Dan Hicks' music still makes me feel good and I am honored to finally be a part of it.

Tom Waits: Dan Hicks is fly, sly, wily and dry!

Brian Setzer: Real instruments, real vocal harmonies, real guitar playing, real everything… COUNT ME IN! I'm a huge Dan fan!

Bette Midler: Dan Hicks is lightning in a bottle. I love him and thank God he's back to lift us out of our musical doldrums.

Elvis Costello: As a long-time Dan Hicks fan it was a real thrill to trade licks with Dan Hicks & the Hot Licks!

Dan Hicks: Later on, or in my youth, it's always the truth: wherever I go,that's where I am.



Submitted by Steve the Emcee, who, along with Dan, believes he's really the only truly hip person there is.

No comments: