Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Walking Man

Carl De Moor walks around Boston and creates art with his camera.

We'll see the results at the Narrows beginning September 20.

"My style of shooting consists of long walks around Boston, usually in the mornings on the weekends, during which I simply look around, exploring the streets and alleys, and just responding to the things I find," he said.

"I respond most strongly to objects or scenes with strong elements of design and shape; I seldom photograph people right now, though that may change."

For example, this is a photo of traffic cones:



"For my photography, I use a digital camera (Canon Digital Rebel) to capture the images and Photoshop to process them. My current style is more or less abstract, close up studies of objects I find walking around Boston," he said.

He's new to the photo art business, and hasn't yet quit his day job on the faculty in the psychiatry department at Harvard Medical School and in the clinical research program at Boston's Children's Hospital. He has a B.S. in biology from San Diego State University--though he started there as an art major--and an M.S. and Ph.D. in biostatistics from the University of Washington.

His first juried art show was earlier this year.

This one is called "beer foam and asphalt."


Drink up and come to the show!

No comments: