Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Dar Williams on Concert TV/Thoughts on Jools Holland

Your humble BSB was perusing the free on-demand stuff on Comcast when I came upon a notice that Narrows alum Dar Williams is featured on concert.tv in November.

At this writing, haven't seen the show, but it's apparently from Ms. Williams' new DVD of a performance at the Bearsville Theater.

It's probably on Cox as well, since they also carry concert.tv.

If you see the show, please leave a review in the comments section.
Btw, I've watched those Jools Holland music shows on cable. While I know I should like this rather unconventional program, since it features a kind of round-robin of major artists (Kinks, Paul McCartney, Van Morrison, Tom Petty and many others), I am now declaring it nearly unwatchable. It's very much for a UK audience and I find the much-celebrated Jools nearly incomprehensible when he speaks. It was interesting; now it's annoying. Plus the shows seem to be at least a decade old.
Am I wrong?

No comments: