Wednesday, November 07, 2007

The Eagles Whip Britney Spears (On the Chart)

Yes, they're only selling it at Wal-Mart, but The Eagles latest CD "Long Road Out of Eden" is pretty darn likeable. Some of your Backstage Blogger's friends refuse to go into Wal-Mart--but your blogger dares to venture where many will not in pursuit of music.

Quick story: I'm in Wal-Mart looking for the CD, which wasn't in the regular location for CDs from The Eagles. So I bump into a gentleman who asks "You looking for the new Eagles' CD? Me too."

Together, almost arm-in-arm, we paraded around the Wal-Mart in Seekonk until we--aha!--came upon a special display. My feelings that I had found a kindred spirit, however, were shattered when the guy asks "Do you like Chicago, too?"

Being the snob I am I, of course, replied, "I liked their early stuff, when Terry Kath played guitar for them." (Kath lost his life in an apparent accident with a gun early in Chicago's career.)

By the way (and the real reason for this blog entry): The Eagles beat out Britney Spears on the latest Billboard chart. Details here.

What your very humble Backstage Blogger wants to know: wasn't Britney's career pretty much over for now?

Maybe Britney is smarter than we think.



No comments: