Thursday, March 26, 2009

Jonathan Richman Coming in June

Oh my my! One of your humble blogger's favorites, Jonathan Richman, will make his Narrows' debut in June.

Mr. Richman, who originally hails from Boston's western 'burbs (where your humble blogger once resided), wrote such great tunes as "Roadrunner" (covered by Greg Kihn) (Roadrunner once. Roadrunner twice. We're in love with rock 'n' roll. So let's stay out all night), "Pablo Picasso" covered by John Cale (Pablo Picasso never got called an -sshole), "Ice Cream Man" (I love your chimes. They reel and they rock), "I'm a Little Dinosauer" (I'm a little dinosauer, and I'm planning to go away), "I'm a Little Airplane" (I fly in the dark, over the baseball park), and many more.

As you can tell, I really dig Jonathan; but I've never seen him live.

Oh, abominable snowman in the market. Ooooweeee!

No comments: