Friday, February 18, 2011

Narrows Hits Historic Mark: Six Days A Week

From what I remember it's never been achieved in the Narrows' 9 year history: MondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday.

Monday, March 21: Peter Wolf. Sorry sold out. Good for him. He's worked hard over the past couple years recording and promoting his music. He's better than ever!

Tuesday, March 22: Jazz guitar great Al Di Meola makes his Narrows' debut. Me and my rock 'n' roll friends used to say back in the 1970s when we heard a high level local guitarist: "He's like Al Di Meola."

Wednesday, March 23: Pianist George Winston, the Windham Hill records guy, makes his Narrows debut. I was browsing at a record store the other day and came across a George Winston tribute to The Doors. Never knew that.

Thursday, March 24: Leon Redbone. Last time he was here, I was "backstage" with him taking his photo. No flash, he told me. I said, hey, my camera needs flash or the picture won't come out right. He said don't worry, it will be fine. He was right. Came out cool, didn't it?

Friday, March 25: Aztec Two Step, along with Buskin & Batteau: Despite never really having a big hit, Aztec Two Step are a strong draw in these parts. That's because they're some of the hardest working folks you'll run into. Good guys too.

Saturday, March 26: Chely Wright. To my ears, she had one of the best recordings of 2010. Here's my write up.


No comments: