Friday, July 29, 2005

Celtic Tonight and Elvis & Emmylou Stiff Out Last Week

Tonight (Friday night) we have the Celtic sensations from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, The Cottars.

I've written a number of articles on the group, so scroll down and check previous entries if you're interested.

There are tickets available, and should be easily available at the door. Visit www.ncfta.org for ticket information.

By the way, if you take digital photos of this or any of our shows, please email them to your very humble blogger (pictured above in his blogger trailer) at slouishug@comcast.net. If your shots are fairly decent, why I'd be happy to post them and even give you credit.

Other stuff....I'm currently listening to the latest release from Chuck Prophet, who is coming to the Narrows on Monday--that's right, Monday--August 15. I hope to be writing a review for this blog and www.americanaroots.com where I also publish stuff. Suffice it to say, it's a very cool CD, and Chuck Prophet's show will be outstanding, particularly since--it is my understanding--he's bringing his band.

Anybody see Elvis Costello and Emmylou Harris on the Today Show last week? Though it was great to see them perform, I thought it was a weak performance. Perhaps my television speakers reduced the power of the show. Or maybe it was too damn early in the day for Elvis and Emmylou to really kick into gear.

Hope to see you tonight at the Narrows!

No comments: