Monday, July 11, 2005

Spoil Yourself With Pierre Bensusan

Our guy Pierre Bensusan has a new CD out, and it's perfect for a Sunday morning sipping coffee and eating carrots, peaches and strawberries.

That's what I was doing just before I wrote this. Listening to the CD "Altiplanos," which features our guy and his wonderful guitar style and warm vocals.

Is it jazz? Is it World Music? Is it folk music?

I don't know. I just know it sounded great resonating off the walls of my humble trailer as I sipped and munched.

Pierre, who lives in France, has headlined the Narrows several times and has also kindly donated to the Narrows. So he's not only a performer, but a patron. Considering he lives on another continent, his generosity was most unexpected. But, as we've gotten to know him, that's just the way he is.

Look--Pierre's stuff is extremely sophisticated. He's world-renowned for his unique tuning and approach. A grey-haired guy sipping coffee in a trailer in Attleboro while eating carrots, peaches and strawberries probably shouldn't attempt to get too fancy in his review.

So I won't. I liked it. And no, you can't have my copy of the CD.

For our more sophisticated readers, I have provided a link right here so you can read something a bit more profound.

But then--is there anything more profound than simply liking a work of art?


No comments: